Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the upside of being sick

yes there is an upside. i'm too tired to do anything so i read and i've read five books in as many days. this is what i love best! i think that's what i did when i was a child, more than anything else. always reading.

i didn't read anything earth-shatteringly good, but lots of fun stuff and books that are helpful for me. i know that my novel that is ALMOST perfect would BE perfect if i can just adjust the plot problems. reading these books has helped me rethink the novel and i am thinking that one chapter that comes in the middle of the book needs to be moved closer to the end. that one change (plus rewriting other things to catch the fallout) might be the thing that makes the book right.

now if only i had two more weeks of winter break, healthy and willing and able to spend time writing - that would be heaven!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

At least you read some good books. That is quite something. I was too pooped even to read. Plus I had to ferry Katie around with her visiting friend from Portland. So I guess I had to do certain things.

Wah. I feel kind of babyish right now. Wonder why...? Getting ready for those middle schoolers!

I like that idea that other person wrote about keeping a recorder nearby so you can ramble verbally if a pencil isn't handy. There are so many cool recording devices available, too.