Sunday, March 2, 2008

loving books

a wishy-washy title for this blog, but oh well. i just returned from the book store where i bought nearly $200 worth of books. These are all books that i have used in my teaching, and i am donating them to the school's silent auction. Titled "Required Reading" I am hoping some parent thinks they MUST have all these books! Here's the funny thing: I have read them all, most of them more than once, some innumerable times, and yet as I bought them, I was excited. I wanted to get them all home and read them again.

i will also add, however, that the store was filled (duh) with LOTS of books I have not read and it was very hard not to succumb to the purchase of those intriguing titles. (I did succumb a little - i bought two books for me to read).

for the curious....Required Reading includes: Number 9 Dream, Beowulf, Grendel, East of Eden, Howard's End, The House of Mirth, Love Medicine, Kafka on the Shore, Going After Cacciato, and Midnight's Children. there might be a few others, i can't remember at the moment.

hope someone bids on it and goes home happy.

No comments: