Friday, April 4, 2008

bad title, good movie



"snow cake." if i had not seen a clip from this movie on tv, i never would have rented it. alan rickman is seeking redemption. sigourney weaver is a functional autistic woman who inadvertently provides that redemption. the music is mostly by broken social scene, although weaver dances in happiness to a 70's japanese song from a comedy show and it's like the best scene in the movie! i found the song through some difficult google work, and can now dance to it myself.

intrigued? it's called "notteru ondo" -- go for it in google!

however, on itunes right now: gram parsons (i'm re-living a musical genre i ignored at the time)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Rickman! Is this a new release? It sounds like it's entirely up my alley.

I just watched "Divided We Fall," a foreign film about a Czech couple who hide a Jew in their pantry. It was wonderful and well worth seeing.

Lisa said...

That was from me, Lisa. I haven't figured out this new identity thing yet. Why must things become complicated?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's a new release - i saw the trailer for it when i watched the Spirit Awards a month or so ago. and isn't everyone a Rickman fan??

Lisa said...

I love Rickman when he's being really nasty and evil. Then he's completely sexy. When he's a troubled middle-aged doof, not so much.

I need to see a good movie soon.
How 'bout you?