Wednesday, November 19, 2008

the sisters

my big goal: to smoosh three partly or fully written novels together into one. to make the five women in the three novels either sisters (3) or cousins (2). to create more tension with the interwoven narratives. to kill off one of the characters even though that is too too painful to contemplate. but it must be done.

started. and wow is it hard to take separate work and put it together as one. however, it is also a great deal of fun and challenge and takes wonderful creative energy which, after all, is the best part of being a writer.

on itunes repeat while i work: my mixtape of "heartbreaking songs."

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey there: (Response to earlier comment by you about my assignment having parents write about their kids) I would love to write about either or both of my kids. I just want to keep this assignment for middle school parents. Is that selfish? Maybe it would be really good to assign the parents of HS seniors this essay as their own children embark on writing about themselves... Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea at all! I know the MS parents enjoyed doing it (for the most part).

Here it is the weekend of Thanksgiving and I am feeling bereft. I think it's the menopause (wow, is this public?). I need a good flossing.