Monday, April 16, 2007

web withdrawal

oh wow! i just went 4 days without internet access at my house. i had actual withdrawal symptoms, like i was kicking coffee or heroin. well, coffee anyway. it's a long story - suffice it to say i thought i would change phone services for a better deal, only to find that the new and old phone service companies took their sweet time about making the change, but only AFTER disconnecting my phone line.

I discovered that i "can" pay $6 an hour at starbucks for internet access (to verizon) or $24 an hour at kinko's! I could not find free wi-fi. you know why? because i didn't have internet access to look for it!! suddenly, i found out how much i use internet for, beyond blogging, buying music and checking on the radiohead messageboard.

i also worried, during my 4 days, that radiohead would not only announce the release of LP7, but also tour dates, and sell tickets and be all sold out before i could even get online. i'm paranoid. a paranoid humanoid.

phew. for a minute there, i lost myself. i'm okay now. internet is up and running, radiohead didn't make any announcements (and just when will they??) and i managed to keep my email under control with a couple of trips to starbucks ($12 worth of email).

on itunes right now: Trickster. one of my all-time favorite radiohead songs cuz i love coyotes and ravens, and coyotes and ravens are tricksters and there you go.

No comments: