Friday, June 29, 2007

the iphone madness

"I haven't been successful in getting one for her," the publicist said, adding that she might have to stand in line for Cher or find a fan to do so. "Doesn't winning Oscars, Grammys and Emmys entitle her to move to the front of the line?"

i love this. why should Cher, or her publicist, have to stand in line with mere mortals when she should be entitled to be first? this is the fun part of living in Los Angeles, where stars get preferential treatment and goodie bags worth tens of thousands of dollars.

Thank you, Steve Jobs and Apple, for not kowtowing to someone just because she has a few gold statutes.

meanwhile, i await the second generation of iphone (and my cingular contract to come up for renewal) before i make the plunge.

what we need is a good place to donate old ipods, for other, less privileged people to enjoy. is there anyone left in the US without an ipod, i wonder??

2 comments:

Tim F said...

Not that I live in the US, but I don't have an iPod. I just can't get it together with headphones. I think my ears are a peculiar shape.

amyonymous said...

my vision is skewed by living in LA where everyone has ipods. earphones are a problem for me, too, so actually i use my ipod with speakers at school and at home. only use the earphones when i'm on a plane.