Saturday, November 25, 2006

baby's got the bends

hmmm.... except the bends (the song) is not on iTunes at this moment. at this moment, it is "you and whose army?" from amnesiac.

now i want to get into writing another novel. bad girl. stay focused. shit. this new character is forming in my head, i hear his voice, i feel his stress and i want to get him on paper. but my "ok:novel" story is filling me up too. gee, maybe if i quit my job and just wrote i could get it all done as fast as it comes in to my head. or almost as fast.

my husband paints and he doesn't paint one painting at a time, he has (right now) 8 on the wall of his studio and he goes back and forth to different ones, depending on what he's thinking and what he wants to be doing at that moment. i wish i could do that with novels, have several going at once. i have my loralie novel in first draft - i want to get back to it and bring it up to a better state, but see, i got sidetracked with OK and now i want to get sidetracked with the bends.

focus. i wish i just wrote songs. not that it's easier, i don't believe that. but it's a shorter form. i should write poetry. i've tried. every time i start a poem it turns into a story. that's just what i do.

so, baby's got the bends.

poetic thought for the day: Rumi: "this is how i would die into the love i have for you - as pieces of clouds dissolve in sunlight."

2 comments:

alt-gramma said...

Yum, I adore Rumi! We have more in common than Radiohead. :)

Thanks for visiting our blog! Yes, I am old enough to have seen the Beatles in concert.

~alt-gramma~

amyonymous said...

yaay! rumi and radiohead. oh, and add another 'r' - do you also like rilke?

(I also like the Red hot chili peppers and the Raconteurs. and my husband is Richard and my son is Rylan. a thing for the r's perhaps?!)

and i too am old enough to have seen the beatles in concert. but i didn't. i did see the doors and the jefferson airplane and bands like that .....