Thursday, November 30, 2006

coyotes in my brain

they are, dancing around and yipping. their little feet are padding through my brain. lots of ideas for the novel. i need a scene in which a discussion takes place - i want the musician to discuss his feelings about being deciphered by everyone: fans, journalists, whomever. and i need a scene of him singing, some kind of performance -- like that acoustic show on mtv or vh1 (can't think of what it's called, the one nirvana did). i need the main character to do some of her own work, she needs to grow.

this is uninteresting.

on itunes right now: fake plastic trees. i can't get the last line out of my head, so i've been playing it over and over . . . "if i could be who you wanted." yes, sung in the high beautiful breaking voice.

hey, that's my way into a scene for the novel.

poetry comes from margaret lopez, a line from her poem "in a quiet house."

"I am a monster /(silence monger)/ stomping along / the house i make quiet."

2 comments:

Ryan Spaulding said...

Greatest image of Thom Yorke

Thanks for linking, Ryan

Anonymous said...

interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter.