Tuesday, January 30, 2007

like a strange dream

sometimes i think i am an information junkie. the internet, jeez. i can spend hours, days, my entire life just clicking every link to every other bit of information and photo and video. and when i am not on the computer, then i am pulled to bookstores and magazine stands, cuz it's not like i have enough books or magazines to read! i could open a bookstore, i have so many books. i can rationalize that i like all this info because it feeds my fiction writing. and it does. but mostly it just feeds my curiosity. there is no good reason to gather as MUCH information as i do.

am i going to do anything about it? no. except, after this, i will probably log on to amazon and order a couple of books i've had on my wish list.....

meanwhile: on itunes now - "remyxomatosis" from a radiohead japanese cd, "com lag"

and some poetry:

charles simic from a poem "evening talk"

everything you didn't understand
made you what you are. strangers
whose eye you caught on the street
studying you. perhaps they were the all-seeing
illuminati? they knew what you didn't,
and left you troubled like a strange dream.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I feel like an info junkie, too. I wish sometimes it all were simpler, like I could go out on my property and chop wood for a while.

That ain't gonna happen, though.