Wednesday, March 14, 2007

the anticipation is ridiculous

radiohead have (has?) drastically revamped their website, which leads one to believe that an announcement about LP7 and a tour is imminent. i have to believe that this is so! the pundits at Mortigi Tempo (radiohead experts all) have suggested this is true.

on itunes: Pop is Dead. Funny old radiohead song. i have a playlist of 35 radiohead b-sides and i play it over and over, loving every song, even Pop is Dead with its goofy metallic bells and whistles and Thom's ironic voice - okay, more ironic than usual.

poetry is needed and is below. as far as my novel goes, an agent liked it but wanted more work, so i did more work - i am going to re-read it with the extra stuff put in, then send it back to the agent. maybe .... someday .... my novel will be published: This Is What You Get. how cool would that be!

Charles Simic again, one of my fave modern poets:

It wasn't even snowing! Everyone I met
Wore a part of my destiny like a carnival mask.
"I'm Bartleby the Scrivener," I told the Italian waiter,
"Me, too," he replied.
And I could see nothing but overflowing ashtrays
The human-faced flies were busy examining.

last stanza of St Thomas Aquinas

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is a cool poem part! I sure could use a good, old-fashioned visit. Things are in flux, well, not in flux yet, but the preparations are beginning for the coming changes next year, and I think it is making me a little nervous. I'll see you Friday at our conference, but maybe lunch Monday or something...?