Monday, March 26, 2007

radiohead overload

okay, i have photos on my walls, photos on my computer desktop, nearly every known radiohead cd and ep and single, a lot of vinyl, and almost every book. I just got a new one today - Welcome To The Machine: OK Computer And The Death Of The Classic Album. It's so cool! The author, Tim Footman, basically goes through every single track on OK Computer and talks about it from all different angles. Musically, how it was recorded, the lyrics . . . and then the larger picture: references, influences, and things that can be connected (like movies and poetry) even if they weren't the intent of radiohead.

what a treat to read it this afternoon when i should have been grading papers. all the more work for me at school tomorrow, but tonight, i am going back to the book to read about "Let Down."

yaaay for the obsessions of other radiohead fans!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am out of patience for my own 12th grader. Really, this is it. It is finally, clearly, clear to me why teenagers must rebel and why parents must learn to detest the imbecilic sass that passes for communication.

Where did I go wrong?

Or is it that WWIII will begin and none of this will matter?

Argh.