Saturday, March 17, 2007

when you were here before


creep is playing. the most maligned radiohead song. too bad, it really is a cool song. and it has only 4 chords, all the way through, or really three, cuz one is a minor. so okay, it's early stuff and doesn't compare to how to disappear completely or 2+2=5 or a long list of other songs. but it is beautiful in its own way and taken out of the context of how it almost made them one-hit wonders.

Tribe: isn't that a good name for a cool, hip, handsome guy? that's the new guy in my novel, my main character's ex-husband. i like him so much, i almost had her get back together with him.

it's march and about halfway through, and then there is april, then may. june - for school - almost doesn't count since we get out so early. so 2 months + until summer. i can't wait. i really want it this year. my summer will be driving rylan to summer school, waiting for a radiohead concert that we hope will take place this summer and going to japan in late august. and lots of reading and lots of writing.

damn. i want to be there now!

but as they say (whoever they are): be HERE now. see how neatly that ties in with the title?: when you were here before.......

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I need a good two- or three-week long meditation retreat in the desert. I would have to do some screaming but then I imagine I would settle right down.

alt-gramma said...

I never saw that picture before, "Jonny's in the basement." Ha ha! We recently watched Scorcese's Dylan movie, so I got a refresher on what Thom is spoofing.

I told Indie Mom, I need more concerts.

~alt-gramma~

amyonymous said...

alt-gramma
i need some concerts, some local ones in small venues. i'm starting to work on a novel about a musician who will play these smaller places and i need to go and soak up the atmosphere. so let me know when you go!