Monday, December 11, 2006

immerse your soul

on itunes: iluvya, from thom yorke's spitting feathers japanese import ep. phew, that's a lot of words for a short cd.

it's weird and disco-y. back in the 70's i put on fashion shows and would look for music just like this (well, the 70's version of this) as background for the fashion models on the runway. this would have been appropriately weird and interesting for the more avant garde designers, in particular the japanese. remember commes de garcon? like that.

i got my tattoo! the tree, and around the ankle, "immerse your soul in love." the tattoo artist added some flourishes to make everything connect all the way around the ankle. it looks beautiful. i will take a picture of it and post it, when the redness has disappeared a bit more.

my singer/songwriter guy is knocking on the inside of my head. what a weird image. he might be named Gawain. his mother might have had a penchant for naming her children after the knights of the round table. Gawain is a good name, since the knight was idealistic and loyal and also naive. that would fit my character. look, see how he is encroaching on my brain? i have to work on his story over winter break. he'll never forgive me if i don't. here's the thing - his story will be written to The Bends. the last song on The Bends is Street Spirit. The last line in Street Spirit is "immerse your soul in love." see how it all ties together? life is like that. my life is, anyway.

oh, wow, and see, Street Spirit just came on itunes, too!

so in honor of gawain, a poem from, oh, let's say Rilke. what a surprise. here is the first (beautiful) line from the First Elegy:

Who, if I cried out, would hear me among the angels'
hierarchies? and even if one of them pressed me
suddenly against his heart: I would be consumed
in the overwhelming existence.

No comments: