Sunday, December 3, 2006

weezer and radiohead

my son is in his bedroom with his guitar teaching and they are playing every weezer song they know. i am in my office (not far enough away) listening to radiohead, on itunes, on shuffle mode. the two don't really mix. not at the same time.

i am SO thinking about my NEXT novel and this is not good. i need to think about THIS novel. and i am. but i am also thinking about my next one.

so this is dull today. probably because i haven't written anything yet. later, i will. right now, i just want to listen to my weezer-inflected radiohead (or is it inflicted? depends on context).

poetry for the day:

"This is how you change, this is how you tear me open. I live on the edge of your love, and I bleed to see you.”

(The Hyperboreans song, Tear Me Open.)

No comments: